The goal of the project is to provide a open-source JCA-compatible adapter for access to SAP business API and other SAP function calls. The adapter is aimed to be used in JEE (J2EE) environment and enables SAP EIS integration as a manageble resource. The adapter encapsulates SAP Java Connector (JCo) and is limited to the functions supported by it. The main advantage of the adapter over the usage of JCo is support of J2EE-usual roles (developer, assembler, deployer).
Currently, the following features are supported:
- Compatible to JCA Specification ( JSR 106)
- Transaction Support: No Transaction, Local Transaction
- Security: Password Credentials
- Connection: Connection Pooling
The adapter has been tested in the following environments:
- JBoss AS v.4.0, with JCo v. 2.1.7
Orion and BEA WebLogic has been considered during development, but the release are not tested on them.
Prerequisites and Installation
In order to connect with SAP system the SAP Java Connector (JCo) is required. This component is not redistributed with adapter because of license agreements and should be obtained separately from SAP Marketplace ( http://service.sap.com/connectors). Installation instructions of JCo are avilable on SAP website.
A site for testing the adapter.
The adapter itself is being developed as an open-source project and is available under LGPL licence. Still, for usage of the adapter the SAP JCo component is required which has a different license.
References and Documentation
- The JCA page from java.sun.com
- JavaWorld: A look at the J2EE Connector Architecture
- JavaWorld: Build your own J2EE Connector Architecture adapter