Adam Bien event in
Lehmanns Bookstore took place. Again, the event was a full success. I arrived half-an-hour earlier and got a seat only in the tenth row.
Adam spoke about new features of EJB 3.1 and Glassfish. He showed examples running on a developer build of Glassfish V3, promising that the features will work without exceptions…
Here are some topics, I remember:
- Singleton Beans: usefull a s a central point of the application, e.G. central cache etc…
- Async Methods: allows asynchronous execution of time-consuming methods. Especially, it is possible to abort the execution
- Deploying Beans in WARs: could be helpful for small applications
- Global JNDI-Namespace
- No interface view: simplifies the access to beans, if needed
- EJBCOntainer.getEJBContainer().getContext(): allows external initialization of bean context, which is nice for testing
After the talk, I spoke with Adam about the OSGi as a module architecture inside JEE application, which seems interesting to me.
The pictures are as usual available in my FlickR Gallery.
Marco published a video on Loroma.